Monday, December 29, 2008

Have Something to Say About Cancer?


Then go to Your Two Cents and give us your thoughts on our questions!

The doctor whose research we are raising funds for wants to get non-medical people's thoughts on the state of breast cancer research and treatment, and general thoughts on breast cancer. He knows that someone may come up with an idea or thought that will spark his thoughts, and maybe lead him to a new idea in his research. He has already had success in the first trial of his breast cancer vaccine, which is one of the reasons we are fundraising for his next clinical trial. We want his research to keep moving forward, and so are trying to help him in any way we can.

I am not asking you to make a donation - I am simply asking you to share your thoughts - and to give everyone a possible voice in the cure and prevention of cancer.

(and please don't be shy - you can always leave your comments anonymously -we've heard from a few people that they don't want to be the first to post on the think tank)

Your Two Cents - a public think tank on breast cancer research
Pennies in Action

(and yes - I am a part of this cause - I am a member of the Board of Directors of the Pennies in Action Foundation, and the webmaster for penniesinaction.org - just thought I should let you know, in the interest of full disclosure!)

5 comments:

Jenni Renee said...

I really dont have much to say in a medical since but I am currently fighting a form of sarcoma and my grandma is fighting breast cancer for the 3rd time. I am wishing you all the best!

AnniKae said...

Please keep us updated on the sucess of this Doctor. Can you imagine...a world that was free from the worries of Breast Cancer?

sMacThoughts said...

I wish you all the best in this. I don't have anything to suggest. But incidentally, I have a mammogram tomorrow morning!

Michelle said...

Thank you ladies!

Jenni - I wish you and your grandma all the best too - think strong positive thoughts :)

AnniKae - isn't that a great thought?

and sMac - good luck with the mammogram!

RACER1 said...

Hi Michelle,
great post. All I can say from experience. If you are diagnosed with cancer, Always get a 2nd opinion and find out your options , before you have surgery. If you want to participate in clinical trials you might not be eligable if you already had the surgery.