What does one do without a working oven for Thanksgiving? Improvise!
We don't do Turkey - no big oven needed anyway...So:
1. roast chicken in crock pot (turned out great - and since the meat literally falls off the bones - no carving needed!)
2. bake mini apple pies in the toaster oven
3. bake stuffing in the toaster oven
4. make mashed potatoes and vegetables on the stove (don't ever need an oven for that)
5. make sweet potato in microwave for vegetarian daughter's main course
6. stuff yourselves! (It's a good thing there's only three of us, hehe)
I have to say that the crock pot certainly made clean up easier, and making the mini pies was challenging but fun!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.